Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brightside Girl Crush: Kristen Leanne

Kristen is such a treat to the eyes! She is absolutely stunning, but more than anything... extremely fascinating! She gives everyone a dose of modern-day glamour rock (considering.... girls everywhere are getting more and more tattooed). She is ONLY 22 years old, and has accomplished more than most older people. Not to mention, has a ton of projects in the works... and a huge future ahead of her. There is no stopping this one! She teaches all of us not to be fearless, and live with certainty and confidence! I truly am a fan. She is such a sweetheart, and I am REALLY excited to feature her on my blog! This girl is beautiful all around...

Meet Kristen Leanne!

tumblr_lig6h3iZHH1qe2ntz

Age: 22 going on 65
Lives: Los Angeles, CA in a sweet warehouse
Where are you originally from? Your nationality? I'm from San Diego - I'm Swedish, German and Blackfoot Indian

Picture 3

kristen5web

Occupation: Signed Model/Business owner

blog2

blog1

Interests: Hot cheeto fries, the gym, horseback riding, music, record players, the 50's, my boyfriend & fashion.

Picture 17

Picture 16

Picture 15

When and how did you start modeling? I started modeling when I was 5 years old. My parents got busy and couldn't run me all over the place for casting anymore. When I was 17, I was living on my own in Louisiana and I decided to pick it up again.
What started to give you a lot of your exposure? Being published got me a lot of exposure, and by being published, more opportunities arose. My first big shoot (after not modeling since I was 5) was with Skelanimals.

59360_10150280092975029_624425028_14961012_808373_n

Picture 2

How do you prepare yourself for a shoot? Depends what it's for. Sometimes all I have to do is shave my legs, wash my hair and paint my nails. If I'm doing the whole sha bang, it takes me about 1.5 hours to do my hair and do my make up perfectly.

blog

Your body is amazing! How do you stay in shape?!! Oh thanks :) I started watching my calorie intake with My Fitness Pal (for iphones) and I couldn't BELIEVE how many calories were in things I thought were healthy. So I do that, I work out at the gym almost daily, I don't eat after 8pm and I drink 8 cups of water a day. I cut out the soda - it was a sad day.

48955ef5e6f13

4d12d7441da80

Were you ever told to change something about yourself during fittings or castings? How would you deal with it if something like that happened? Once when I was 16 I went to an agency to possibly be signed. They told me to let my eye brows grow in and not to wear so much make up. But guess what? I was 16 and didn't give a rat's ass what they had to say! I thought they wrong and I was right so I continued tweezing away and loading on the make up! But recently in the past few yeas, no I've never been told by any of my agencies to do anything differently, knock on wood.

4abae4d272444

49a5d212bf698

Why and When did you decide to start your company, Sideshow by the Sea? I started www.SideshowByTheSea.com November of 2010. I love to create and design and I've always wanted to be my own boss. I love jewelry and was always fascinated by the things people would make, so I wanted to wear my own creations - Sideshow By The Sea was born. It's really awesome to have people wear, enjoy and love your creations as much as you do.

(Images from Sideshow by the Sea)
Mink Skull Carpe Diem

meagan2web

Where did you get the name? I came across a blog one day that had somewhat of a similar ring to it. I developed and changed it to what it is now.

for sideshow page

What is the price range for your accessories? The price range is $4-100. I keep the price range very open, so there's something for everyone. I just added a sale section recently too :)

tumblr_lnvqff4i3s1qe2ntz

tumblr_lpzkjgdIzr1qe2ntz

You’re quite young to be starting your own business – what is the hardest part of this whole venture? The hardest part is not having enough life experience!! I moved out when I was young and have been 100% supporting myself since, so that has helped A LOT. However getting a business license, a tax permit and all of that stuff wasn't super easy, no one tells you how to do that, or in what order (yes there's a specific order you must do it in!). Taxes will also be the FRIGGIN DEATH OF ME.

Back High Res

IMG_6541

What advice would you give to any aspiring designers out there? Make sure you think outside the box and do what your first extinct tells you to do. Treat your customers how you would want to be treated, then times that by 10.
Whats next for Sideshow by the Sea? Well, we just had our FIRST ad published in a magazine (Pistol Magazine) so that's exciting!! We will be launching a membership program that will earn people free goodies and points (if you wanna be a part of it, email us here! Info@SideshowByTheSea.com) We will also be designing girls' T shirts soon enough and there's much much more :) You'll have to subscribe online and find us on facebook to keep up! www.Facebook.com/SideshowByTheSeaFan
What is the best beauty advice you know of? As cheesy as it may sound... beauty comes from within. Just like with modeling, whatever you're thinking about shows through your eyes. With beauty, you're only as beautiful as your personality and thoughts are. So be nice, kind, positive and caring (karma will find you) and drink lots and lots of water. DO NOT FALL ASLEEP WITH MAKE UP ON!!! < this is HORRIBLE for your skin!!

Picture 7

What hair products do you use? I use purple shampoo... my favorite (Paul Mitchell)! & Pantene conditioner and that's it!
What is inside your make up bag? www.Rockeresque.com make up - one of my new favorites and then MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC, and then some more MAC.

4d76bd93e9171

Your backpiece is gorgeous! Who did that? Thanks :) Brendan Rowe @ Unbreakable Tattoo in Studio City did my back piece
What is your favorite tattoo you have? I don't have a favorite. They're like children... you love em all the same.

kristen4web

Favorite tattooers? Jeffery Page, Brendan Rowe, Eno, Mikey Sarratt, Mark Dupp & Jack Mauk
Who do you want to get tattooed by next? Mikey Sarratt!! He'll be finishing my left sleeve :)

4d8f89f41a7f1

Fashion must-haves for your wardrobe? My bordellos, my boots and my tights. Can't live without 'em.
Where do you shop? I shop at Guess, Bebe, Free People, Urban Outfitters and mostly on Melrose in Hollywood.

Picture 8

4de9c96d6493f

Favorite designers? I don't really have favorite designers so much... I just love this and that from whoever makes something that I like! But of course I love Marciano and Jeffrey Campbell

4d8f89cb4db40

4d8f894f6c43e

What’s your motto/advice you live by? "Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've
never banked on it, and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: hard work -- and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't. "
-LUCILLE BALL

4c215e6544217

We know you want more of Kristen!! Us too!
http://www.facebook.com/SideshowByTheSeaFan
http://www.modelmayhem.com/SideshowByTheSea
http://sideshowbythesea.tumblr.com/
http://www.SideshowByTheSea.com/

Few photos taken from www.PurrfectPineapples.com

No comments:

Post a Comment