Thursday, August 18, 2011

brightside girl crush: Heidi

yes! So stoked! Saw photos of Heidi modeling for Yardly December, and nearly fell out of my chair :) OK, kinda exaggerating, but for real, this girl threw me off! To me, she is the girl that your eyes are drawn to in the room. You want to know who she is, what she does... and how you can go up and talk to her. Her care-free style and attitude will probably keep this girl going and going... to no end! I'm super excited to feature this gorgeous girl...


Meet Heidi Whitson...

Picture 10

Age: 26 years young
Lives: Mesa Arizona

Picture 16

Picture 14

Occupation: Currently I am a Retail Store Manager of a popular resale shop in Mesa called Name Brand Exchange. I am in charge of filling the store with top name brand apparel & accessories by buying from the public & ordering anything from incense to body jewelry from some awesome eccentric companies. It is so much fun being able to control exactly what kind of inventory that comes into the store.
What do you love most about your job: I work with an amazing team of girls and have first pick of all the items being purchased for the store. Sometimes paying less than 5 dollars for super designer brands thanks to my legit discount! I never have to go shopping elsewhere for new current styles, it all comes to me. Let’s just say I re-cycle my paycheck.

Picture 13

Dreams: I want to be a “Jill of all trades.” I want to try my hand at any and everything that stimulates my creativity. Anything from painting,graphic design,photography,fashion,hair & makeup,dancing,singing, I want to try it all!
Hobbies: I enjoy being a homebody cuddling & relaxing with my long time boyfriend Chad. I also love doing silly sketches on napkins, photoshoots, staying connected via internet social networking sites, logo, print & web design, dressing up my pups, thrift store venturing & watching goofy videos on the web.

Picture 11

Picture 18

What lead you to graphic design: I decided to go to the Art Institute of Phoenix because my whole life I’ve enjoyed drawing and thinking “outside of the box.” Obtaining my Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design has allowed me to see and experience the thinking & execution behind the pretty visual concepts that shape our world today, & how it directly effects the emotions and decision making of a specific group/consumers.

Picture 26

Picture 19

Favorite old school jam: Old school…hmmm. anything Alanis Morissette or Foo Fighters.
Fashion tip: Present yourself with class by staying true to your body type, lifestyle & dress in accordance to your environment.

Picture 21

Favorite Artists: I am by no means someone who knows about all the virtuosos of design, but one designer I stumbled upon years ago has always stood out to me & her designer name is Nubbytwiglet. I love her consistent monochromatic design style and even her personal style and fashion choices. I see a lot of myself in her and appreciate the inspiration she inadvertently has given me. Other favorite artists of mine include many digital artists who’s work I swoon over. To name a few are Tara MCpherson, Sylvia Jii, & Kime Buzzelli. I urge you to look these artists up if you have not already.
Must-have beauty product: Well if I were stuck on a deserted island I would absolutely go with some red lipstick. Nothing else can make a girl feel simply sexy. Otherwise, I would positively go with my Sally Hansen Salon Airbrush legs. It’s pretty much leg makeup which smoothes out all of your flaws. I surprisingly get so many compliments on my legs. Weird right?!

Picture 24

Picture 27

Where do you shop: Either my shop or Goodwill actually. Forever21 is quit often very tempting but I have to remind myself I can’t walk out of there spending under 80 bucks.
Favorite shoe store: Last Chance in Phoenix Arizona is an amazing outlet that carries some great brands of boots & heals originally from Nordstrom for about 1/3 of the retail price. I’m all about bargains baby!

Picture 9

Favorite tattoo you have: Definitely my mermaid/siren lady. She is so colorful & spooky at the same time.
Next tattoo you want: Now that I have my right arm 98% done & no other tattoos elsewhere I have to think hard about breaking my threshold. I wouldn’t mind getting something more traditional & nautical on my legs or feet. We shall see.

Picture 25

Favorite cocktail: I drink occasionally but if I’m feeling saucy I’ll go with a Mai-Tai. I can handle anything with rum & am admittedly a lightweight.

Picture 8

Favorite fashion designers: hands down Jeffrey Campbell
Fashion influences? Lookbook.nu has always been a favorite and gives soooo many ideas to spice up my style.
Favorite magazines: I haven’t looked at a magazine in ages.

Picture 12

How would you describe your style in 3 words:

1. Sassy 2. Chill 3. Edgy <----My Boyfriend contributed in this response.

No comments:

Post a Comment