Monday, August 15, 2011

brightside girl crush: hayley

I first spotted Hayley on Facebook. I was doing my usual- looking at tattoos/ artwork online, and I came across her fiance's Facebook page. He is a great tattooer, and as I was looking at his work I couldn't help but see photos of Hayley... and notice how adorable she was! Call it stalker status, I don't care. I loved her style. I would describe it as, Native American Chic. And, once I saw the American flag tank top, with laced leggings, matched with Lita Jeffrey Campbell's... I knew I had to feature her. Not to mention, she is an incredible jewelry designer as well. Once you see her stuff, I am sure you will be making some purchases.

Meet Hayley...


Picture 18

Age: 24
Occupation: receptionist
Lives: Southern California

Picture 3

Picture 2

Dreams: Travel the world with my soon to be husband and some day have my own little family
Where do you get your inspiration? My friends, nature, music....so many things really. I get inspired by everything around me. I have quite the imagination

Picture 13

Picture 17

I love your jewelry, how and what got you started: I worked in retail for so long and I always liked jewelry and accessories the most. I guess I figured if I love something this much I should try making it with my own 2 hands.
What do you love most about designing and creating your own jewelry: I love that when I make jewelry I feel completely at peace. I don't think about anything but what's right in front of me. I don't think I can say that about anything else.

Picture 16

Picture 21

What are some of your favorite materials to work with and create with? I love turquoise,amethyst, pyrite, feathers, and animal bones.
Are you wearing any jewelry right now? Yes ...always haha I have my engagement ring on and a gnarly wolf head ring that my best have friends gave me last year for Christmas.

Picture 19

Picture 20

Where do you shop: I shop mainly at thrift stores. I worked at Urban Outfitters for quite a while so most of my clothes are from there.
Favorite tattoo you have: I have a portrait of my dog with antlers coming out of his head on the inside of my arm. He is my baby and I think he's the most precious thing in the world.
Next tattoo: Probably an eagle or steer head...who knows

Picture 15

Favorite designers: I can't really say I have a favorite. I like what I like ;)
Favorite shoe store: Anything that sells Jeffrey Campbell haha they're so comfortable.
Favorite magazines: I really like nylon and foam magazine.

Picture 12

Picture 11

Beauty tip: Drink lotssssss of water. does wonders for your skin. My nails are always chipped and my hairs always a mess so I guess that's all I've got.
Fashion tip: Don't try too hard. less is more.

Picture 10

How would you describe your style in 3 words: gypsy,biker, witchy


Hayley's Etsy store




No comments:

Post a Comment