Monday, August 22, 2011

Style Crush: Meet Rachel Schwartzmann!


Picture 49

Age: 18
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Lives: Manhattan, NY

1190134_DSCN0183-1

Picture 51

Favorite place to hang out in the city: Soho, Union Square, Williamsburg - They all have the best street style.
Dreams: I'm living it already... but to be a fashion journalist for Nylon, Teen Vogue, etc.

Picture 48

Interests and hobbies: I have more passions then hobbies and they include: FASHION, writing, reading, shopping, photography, decorating, eating ;]

Picture 50

How would you describe yourself: I'm extremely ambitious to the point where I question if I know how to take a step back and be a normal teenager. But I'd say that more then anything I'm determined and I'm creative.
What is a compliment you often get: "You inspire me."

Picture 45

How did you end up being a fashion blogger: Well I figured starting a blog would be a good way to combine my passions of writing and fashion. I started out with my blog "The Style Line" first because I thought there was already an abundance of personal style blogs on the web. But after constantly being asked why I didn't have/start a personal style blog, I gave in and created "Le Style Child!"
What do you love about it? It's a creative outlet for expression and a tool for learning. I get to document my style and writing for that matter, and see how they both evolve over time. It's really an online diary. And for "The Style Line" its really rewarding to be able to have other fashionable and talented young people get a chance to be exposed, because they really do deserve it.

DSCN1078-1

206955_10150161941534168_827249167_6459777_3243208_n

Where do you shop: I shop anywhere it just depends what area I'm in. But I usually find myself at H&M, Buffalo Exchange, David Z (for my Jeffrey Campbells!) a number of thrift stores and occasionally Urban Outfitters.
Favorite online stores: Nasty Gal!
Fall Essentials: Pleated/sheer skirts, Jeffrey Campbell platforms, fur (both real and faux), layering, layering, layering!
Favorite fashion magazines: Nylon Magazine, Teen Vogue, Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar... yah know all of it!

Picture 46

Next Jeffrey Campbell you want to buy: The Jeffrey Campbell Skate shoe, and another pair... or five of Litas would be nice!
Favorite fashion designers: Jeffrey Campbell and Rebecca Minkoff are my favorite accessories designers. I also love Alexander Wang and Karl Lagerfeld. To be honest I'm not all about labels.

DSCN1170

DSCN1271-1

Style inspiration: Street Style and blogs. To me it's the most real and personal take on fashion which is why I love it.
What are your must-haves in your wardrobe: Fedora hat, Jeffrey Campbell, Fur coats, maxi skirts, leather jackets, silver jewelry, snake jewelry, silk tops.

230507_10150201810359168_827249167_6803021_5794231_n

Most memorable day of your life, and why: There are so many and I'm not going to choose just one. To keep things on a lighter note I'll just tell you that the past six months has been the most rewarding period in my career. I've made so many amazing contacts, and my dreams have really started to become realities. Some of those achievements includemy blog The Style Line making it onto Tumblr's fashion spotlight, writing for KSUBI's online magazine, interning at Rebecca Minkoff.. and so much more!

264889_10150247792399168_827249167_7073799_3060592_n

Best part of this past summer: Flying to California to see my boyfriend who I am completely and utterly in love with.
What are you looking forward to this fall: Fashion Week, Fashion's Night Out, blogging events, and my 19th birthday!


Want to see more of Rachel....


http://lookbook.nu/heythererach


Le Style Child

The Style Line








1 comment:

  1. aww thank you so much! i will definitely post this on my le style child
    xxx

    ReplyDelete