Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Brightside style crush: HOLLY!

Picture 79

Age: 21
Lives: Baltimore MD
Occupation: Piano teacher/ singer-songwriter... and student (one more year!)

Picture 78

Picture 77

What do you love most about Maryland: I love how close we are to everything. We’re only a few hours from NY, DC, Philly, and even the beach.
What do you hate: I hate lateness. I wish everyone (myself included) were always on time.

Picture 73

Picture 53

Taken or Single: Taken & so happy.
Dreams: I think I have a new “dream” everyday. Having an album would be cool. I’m working on that!
Interests and hobbies: I have so many.

Picture 72

Picture 71

How would you describe yourself: I would describe myself as a ballerrrr… jus kidding… but I would say I’m very driven and a little goofy.
What is a compliment you get often: I get lots of brow compliments; they are kind of my favorite.
How do you stay in such great shape: I’m not perfect, but I try to eat a vegan diet and go to the gym and run/cycle. Oh, and I try to stay away from coffee. I don’t think anyone should rely on caffeine to wake up in the morning.

Picture 69

Picture 58

How did you end up being a model: I’m not a model! But I have a lot of photographer friends that I play with. I am more into it for the art. I love creating awesome images.
What do you love about it: the art!
The pressures that come with: None! I would hate to have a career that was dependent on what my body looked like. My boyfriend models and he has to eat like a bird so he can fit into clothing! I would never want to live like that kind of stress.

Picture 67

Picture 66

Where do you shop: I love thrift stores! I also love buffalo exchange in NY and I love H&M… I’m kind of on a budget but if I weren’t, it would be Barneys all day.
Favorite online stores: shopnastygal.com , oaknyc.com , shopruche.com , so many!
Fall fashion Essentials: Poncho’s and boots! I love them. It’s like wearing a blanket.

Picture 65

Picture 64

Favorite fashion magazines: www.Ilovefakemagazine.com – so amazing. It’s an online mag.
Favorite shoe stores: Solestruck for sure. And Nordstroms.
Favorite designers: I really like Marc Jacobs, there’s a picture of him on my desktop background right now.
Style inspiration: Lou Doillon. She is the most beautiful woman on the planet. I love her videos for Vanessa Bruno. Here is a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MP-0GU0-m8

Picture 62

Picture 61

A beauty secret: I think skin is important. So I never wear foundation on my face… not wearing it keeps my skin blemish free...
Favorite makeup brand: Honestly, I’m not a huge makeup person. I get my makeup from CVS.

Picture 59

Picture 55

Best part of this past summer: Meeting amazing people and getting to work on music.
What are you looking forward to this fall: School! I love it soo much, and no, I’m not being sarcastic haha.

Picture 54

Want more of Holly? Check out her Blog!

Photo credit: Glenford Nunez, www.seanscheidt.com, Jay Santucci, Will Manning

1 comment:

  1. So awesome of you to credit the photog's !

    There are three more : Jonathan Hanson, Kelsey Schwartz, & Jeff Hutchens.

    :-) yay

    ReplyDelete