Monday, August 22, 2011

Brightside girl crush: Lauren Fernandez

My girl crushes are killing me lately, especially the British ones! This one is first of all, gorgeous. Her black hair and blue eyes are mesmerizing. Her laid back style lets us girls know that- you don't need to break a leg to get such a hot look! She proves that you don't need to wobble around in heels to feel pretty! At the young age of 19, she is already starting a tattoo apprenticeship. There seems to be a lot of great things ahead for this one... stay tuned, I know I will!

Meet Lauren Fernandez...

Picture 24

Age: 19 years young!
Lives: Southampton, United Kingdom

Picture 14

How did you get into modeling: It was about a year ago my friend SJ asked me if i would consider shooting for her clothing line Built For Sin (www.builtforsin1.co.uk). I was super nervous and it wasn't really something id ever really thought about but the shoots were fun and i was soon being asked to shoot with different photographers and before i knew i had publications and everything!
What are the pressures that come with it: I wouldn't really say there are pressures! There are downsides, people will always be harsh and judgemental but i live life with no regrets! Super cheese I know but life's too short to worry about what people think!

Picture 33

Picture 32

Occupation: I am a body piercer and tattoo apprentice at South Coast Ink.
What do you love best about your job: I love working in something creative, its hard work and tattooing is no easy life, its dedication and alongside the modelling I don't get a great deal of time to myself. I work almost everyday at the tattoo studio and its hella busy! when I'm not at work I'm drawing / painting or shooting! But when you finish a good tattoo and the customer is super stoked, its a great sense of achievement for sure! :)

Picture 31

Picture 30

Hobbies and interests: When I'm not drawing or shooting I'm usually at gigs or festivals. Music is a massive influence!
Who are your influences: I don't really have a role model or anyone who i aspire to be similar to haha my nan is the only one who comes close haha she's awesome and has the most positive outlook on life!

Picture 37

What made you want to be a tattoo artist/ piercer: I guess I've always been drawing loads, since i can remember! It just made sense! I heard that there was an artist leaving the studio I'm in now and my boss called me up as id shown him a few of my drawings and paintings before, to talk about me possibly starting an apprenticeship. I rolled in with my sketchbook and portfolio and we sat down and drew a few things together and a week later i started!
How many years have you been in the business: I'm a newbie! about a year and a half now! I have so much to learn! Its all exciting though

Picture 34

Picture 18

Favorite tattooer(s): There are many! I like a load of different styles! Eckel, Xam, Tony C, Steve Byrne, Guy Aitchinson, Henning, Shige, Claudia sabe, Thomas Hooper, Darren stares - too many to mention!
Favorite tattoo you have: The script lettering under my roses on my legs!
Favorite style of work: Hmmm I love traditional stuff but also large scale oriental pieces and quirky new school shit too!

Picture 36

Picture 11

Favorite fashion designers: Jayne Doe Latex im a sucker for! But im not really a brand person or a fashionista myself! You'll usually find me wearing some shit demin shorts, vans and a band tee haha not the girliest of girls!
Favorite shoe brand: Duane Peters, visions!

Picture 13

Favorite magazines: TAM, FRONT, BIZZARE.

Picture 29

Favorite makeup brands: Soap & Glory, Smashbox and good old rimmell!
Beauty advice: I'd be the last person to ask! I'm rubbish at being a girl haha
Fashion advice: Again read the above haha! I'm not really clued up with fashion these days! just be individual, if you like what you wear fuck whats trendy!

Picture 9

Picture 27

Heels or sneakers: Sneakers all the way! I'm all wobbly in heels!

Picture 22

How do you stay in such good shape: errrrrrmmm, with a lot of junk food :| im super lucky I have a pretty speedy metabolism so I don't put on weight easy.
How would you describe your style in 3 words: casual as fuck!?!

Picture 19


'LIKE' LAUREN'S FAN PAGE!!
LAUREN'S MODEL MAYHAM
LAUREN'S TUMBLR


Photo credit: Front magazine, www.builtforsin1.co.uk, Nathan Atia, XTREMEPLAYPEN, William Bremridge, Rob Jamieson, Ed Godden, GDG Apparel, Stuart Mitchell, Also from Lauren's facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment