Wednesday, August 24, 2011

setting the bar high

I remember my first day of fashion school like it was yesterday. I had a teacher that almost looked like Patricia Field, but loonier (if that is possible). Anyways, I was seriously OBSESSED with the class. It was fashion 101. A general learning of the fashion world/ industry. I loved the class mainly because my teacher was a style/fashion fanatic, and everyone thought she lost her mind in every way possible... but me! I really looked up to her, with her bright purple hair, skull- everything attire, green eye shadow... and all. Reason being... I saw her passion for the industry in her eyes. The excitement that came out of her mouth every time she talked about it. The happiness in her face, when I would show her how much I was into it too. We shared a special bond, and it wasn't because I was a kiss ass... but because I have that passion in my eyes as well. I know that sounds cheesy, but its true! I remember we didn't have to buy a textbook for the class, but the September issue of Vogue instead (which is a textbook itself). She would have us go through it every day and spot the latest trends and things that are happening in the upcoming season.

I remember we came across a Prada Ad, and she had said that Prada was always 'the Ad' to look at when it comes to- what is and will be- in trend for this season and next. She praised the brand, as if they were the ultimate leader of every designer out there. I didn't really agree at the time, because I was and still am a true believer in Dolce and Gabbana... but I notice that as I grow older and wiser in this industry, she was NOT lying, whatsoever!

These ad's are without a doubt, the ones that caught my eye the most. I always feel a retro vibe in their ad's, with styles that are so far-fetched that I wonder where all this inspiration comes from?? They are so outrageous, but at the same time... BEYOND chic. The colors, the mood, the textures, the materials, the patterns... are always so structured, executed, and designed perfectly! These styles are something my mother, my grandma, and myself could wear... and legit, grab all eyes in the room.

Ms. Lowenstein was right. I praise you Prada, you always kill it..... always...

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad13

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad11

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad10

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad9

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad8

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad5

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad3

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad2

prada+2011+fall+winter+ad



Prada Fall/Winter 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment