Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Brightside girl crush: Roxanne

Holy. girl. crush.
Ahh! I was so happy to feature this one. She is so pretty, that some of her photos look animated. She is a total babe, and I must say... her hair and make-up are toooo-die! Any chick that can pull this off and look that good, I seriously give credit to! The thing about Roxanne is, she makes everything about her look, seem easy. I'm loving her rocker style, matched with her girly side. With the tattoos, hair, swag, and sass... she gives us the vision of a modern day pin-up.

Meet Roxanne...

Picture 22

Age: 24 years young!
Occupation: Professional Esthetician, Freelance MAC Makeup Artist, model and painter
Lives: I live in the heart of Hollywood, CA. I love this city for the culture! I might live somewhere else one day but I know I will always end up back here. It's the first place I have ever lived where I feel like I can be me without being judged. I am a unique kind of person and this is a unique kind of city.

Picture 31

Picture 33

What do you love most about your job: Things are constantly changing, growing and developing! It keeps my job interesting and I never get bored. I basically get to do whatever I want and who can complain about that? There is always some new product out or more advanced techniques, so I am always learning something new. I also love my clientele, they're like my second family.
How did you get started in the make-up industry: Practice makes perfect! I just started to mimic looks in magazines, keeping photos and starting a portfolio. Networking is a HUGE part of the industry. If you have confidence in your work it will show. If I was afraid that someone wasn't going to like my work I wouldn't get anywhere. Truth is, some people may not like my work and that's totally okay! It doesn't mean you're not good at what you do.

Picture 29

Picture 38

Dreams: To make a reputable name for myself and my work... And possibly own my own business.
Who are your influences: John Paul Dejoria and Winn Claybaugh and all of my teachers at Paul Mitchell. Because of them I was lucky enough to get a great education and discovered a passion for skin care that I have made into a career.

Picture 39

Picture 26

What are some of your favorite make-up brands: I love MAC of course but it isn't for everyone so I am a huge fan of sephora, I love NARS, Makeup Forever and Urban Decay. I admittedly use a little bit of everything though!
Must-have beauty product: DIOR diorshow blackout mascara. It's like magic for your lashes.

Picture 33

Picture 28

How do you stay in such good shape: I don't drink alcohol, I watch my portions, eat low carb and stay away from gluten products. I also tend to spend some time at 24 hour fitness. The eliptical is my BFF.

Picture 32

Favorite tattoo you have: I have Bill Murray as a zombie on my neck and seriously, it's my favorite tattoo. I always wanted a zombie tattoo but I am so damn picky about zombies. I also love Bill Murray, then I found this illustration and HAD to get it!
Next tattoo you want: My whole back is going to be dedicated to Disney!!! I am so excited about it!

Picture 31

Favorite cocktail: I don't drink alcohol but a Shirley Temple with lime juice and extra cherries is the way to my heart ;)

Picture 29

Favorite fashion designers: BETSEY JOHNSON.
Favorite magazines: W, Elle, Inked and Tattoo Artist Magazine.
Favorite shoe store: hmmm... Can't say I have a favorite store but my favorite shoe ever is Teeze by Bordello.

Picture 30

Fashion tip: Wear what fits your body type and makes you feel comfortable. Just because the mannequin wears it well, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. If I see something I like but won't quite suit my body type, I create my own version of it using other styles of clothing that I know work for me. If you feel comfortable in your clothes you will radiate confidence.
How would you describe your style in 3 words: Urban, Rocker, Pinup (with a twist)


No comments:

Post a Comment